I recently moved my blog (this one) from S3 + CloudFront to Azure because I wanted to experiment the Azure CDN and I’ve had a quite good surprise.
I am using the Premium Verizon VPN from Azure and I am getting more or less twice better performance than what I was getting from CloudFront.
The artifacts are now hosted directly in an Azure Web App instead of a bucket. I replaced CloudFront by Azure CDN (Premium Verizon) and I’ve also setup a CI workflow using Microsoft Visual Studio Team Service (for free).
Of course, this article can be used without any issue with any other website generator (Lektor, Hexo, etc.). Easly, just swap the Hugo part on the CI by your static site generator.